Gigi Hadid Takes a Page From Bella’s Closet With This Jacket
The sisterhood of the traveling dollar bill jacket, kind of….
Today, Gigi Hadid was spotted out in New York City in a head-turning look. The model posed by a truck to promote Zayn’s newest album Nobody Is Listening. The new mom opted for a graphic yellow T-shirt plastered with the cartoons, a pair of high-waisted faded jeans with tears at the knees, and sturdy brown hiking boots. Another bright touch for a pop of contrast? A thin red and blue striped belt.
Though, there was something that gave us sartorial déjà vu and seemed to take a page from her sister Bella Hadid’s style playbook. She wore a checked, oversized blazer that had a dollar bill stitched onto the pocket by the label 3.Paradis. Her sister Bella has sported a dark blue incarnation of the jacket in the past, wearing the piece with a pair of midriff floss pants back in March. Let’s keep an eye out for what looks the two trade next.
Renowned Jewelry Artist Megan-Marie Launches “The Althea Collection”
Jewelry artist Megan-Marie is known for exclusive and artfully crafted jewelry collections. She has launched her “Althea Collection” of luxury 14K gold chains.
Every chain in this collection was handcrafted by me…The part that I love most, though, is that these chains are made to be individualized and flatter your unique body and style. ”
Known for her luxury handcrafted gold jewelry collections, Megan-Marie is a New York-based gold jewelry artist with a strong focus on quality and artistry. Being greatly admired by her clients, her collections have sold out fast in the past. She is now back with the new luxury “Althea Collection” featuring custom luxury 14k solid gold chain designs. Taking inspiration from organic textures and shapes, the collection is meant to reinvent and modernize jewelry designs often depicted in Greek mythology. With more chain designs soon to arrive, each order is handcrafted by Megan-Marie so the jewelry can best compliment the measurements of every client.
“Every chain in this collection was handcrafted by me, which really separates them from the generic designs we see in stores and online,” says Megan-Marie. “The part that I love most, though, is that these chains are made to be individualized and flatter your unique body and style. Whether it’s a chunky bracelet, short necklace, or shiny anklet, I believe everyone can feel incredible wearing these unique, timeless chains. And I’ve got more coming!”
The “Althea Collection” features highly customizable chain designs that can be altered to each client’s demands. The collection features The Hera Chain, The Dria Chain, The Klio Chain, The Ares Chain, The Circe Chain, The Astraia Chain and The Helios Chain. “The Helios Chain was inspired by the mythological Greek god Helios, the god and personification of the sun,” Megan-Marie explains. “The chain’s organic texture is meant to resemble the glistening Mediterranean Sea on a sunny day, and, when assembled, forms a clean, modern line. My intention was for it to feel ethereal and luxurious yet casual and comfortable.”
Previous collections from the artist such as the ‘Evergreen Collection’ and the ‘Spearhead Collection’ have drawn unique aesthetic inspirations from different places and eras, while still maintaining the luxury, handcrafted quality that Megan-Marie is known for.
ABOUT MEGAN-MARIE: Megan-Marie is a gold jewelry artist and a Doctor in Physical Therapy by degree. She is a first-generation American woman originally from the quiet suburbs of Boston. While she loved playing sports, her love for jewelry started young and evolved into a passion when she was yearning for a creative outlet in her mid-twenties.
What to Consider When You’re In the Market for a Skull Bracelet
Skull bracelets are your way to stand out. They are a powerful fashion statement. They carry a range of profound meanings you can relate to. It’s high time to get your hands on the bracelets carrying skull images – they are all the go at the moment. Not sure which model to choose? We are here to help.
The Meaning of Skull Bracelets
Before we get to various types of skull bracelets, let’s learn why people admire skulls altogether. There are a few reasons for this phenomenon:
- skulls are the representation of the eternal life-and-death struggle. Obviously, skulls stand for death because a skull exposes only after the departure of life. At the same time, the skull denotes resurrection and rebirth in the afterlife;
- skulls are protection against death. The biker community believes that skull jewelry, tattoos, and prints can drive death away. When the Grim Reaper comes after a person, he sees the mark of death, which is the skull. And if death itself has already marked a person, then his job is done here. He will go away and leave a skull wearer unharmed;
- skulls are a symbol of bravery, valor, virility, and masculinity. Ancient warriors carried the images of skulls to instill fear in their opponents. Over time, the tradition to wear skulls affected armies and military formations across the globe. Fighters are the epitome of such qualities as honor, strength, courage, etc. No wonder they wear skulls with pride. Eventually, regardless of military background, skulls turned into the means for men to accentuate their masculinity.
- skulls are an embodiment of adventurism and romance. Those who lived during the heyday of piracy hardly considered corsairs to be romantic figures. However, the literature of the last couple of centuries, and now the world of cinema, has made the image of pirates more attractive. That’s because they enjoy the ultimate freedom, they live without the shackles imposed by society, and their life is full of adventures. What not to like about it? If there is a single symbol that is inextricably linked to piracy, it is the Jolly Roger, aka the skull and crossbones. This skull is the epitome of freedom, audacity, and the glimpse of adventure on the horizon.
- Skulls represent the idea of equality. On the one hand, we all face the same fate at the end – death. Everyone is equal before death. On the other hand, the skull, as one of the main symbols in the biker subculture, conveys the idea of equality for all members of a motorcycle club. No matter if you are rich or poor, distinguished or ordinary, once you saddle your steel horse, you are part of the brotherhood.
Types of Skull Bracelets
Now that you know why the skull is such an important and multifaceted symbol, let’s take a closer look at the options you have in terms of skull bracelets.
Skull Chain Link Bracelets
Chain bracelets are perhaps the most obvious choice when it comes to biker wrist ornaments. They are pretty versatile and can go well with casual, formal, sporty, and leather-clad looks. Skulls can be introduced into chain bracelets in a multitude of ways. The most obvious is a skull clasp with an otherwise plain bracelet. If this option seems too uninspired, you can go with skull charms or a skull-embellished ID plate. Still not enough? Then go big with skulls sitting on every link. Pretty impressive, ha? The only downside of such bracelets is that they lose their versatility since right-into-your-face designs are likely to clash with elegant attires.
Less versatile but nonetheless badass, dangles and cuff bracelets are the choice of bold fashionistas. They tightly hug the wrist – or the arm if you’d like to wear them this way – to showcase their bodacious designs. Normally, dangles carry either a single but pretty large skull as a focal point, or a series of smaller skulls stretching across the entire piece. The best part is that dangles allow experimenting with embellishment since they lend themselves well to bejeweling, tooling, plating, enameling, oxidation, embossing, engraving, and other means of decoration.
Skull Leather Bracelets
If you prefer natural, easy-to-wear, and up-to-date jewelry, leather bracelets are worthy of consideration. Today, braided pieces with skull beads or charms are all the rage. They are an ideal solution for relaxed and casual outfits. These models tend to be pretty slim but luckily, you can combine a few pieces for a more impressive look.
On the other hand, if you want to emphasize your belonging to subcultures, it’s best to go with wide and thick models. Skulls in these designs may appear on the clasp, studs, metal and stone inlays, branded elements, and in many more unexpected ways.
Skull Hemp Bracelets
Hemp bracelets are a nod to the hippies and everyone who admires the trend for sustainability and eco-friendliness. They are super easy to sport and combine with other bracelets no matter what they are made of. Skulls tend to sit on the clasp or charms in hemp models meaning they are rather discreet. However, if you wear skulls because they have a personal meaning rather than being a fashion statement, this might be your best bet.
Music4 weeks ago
Get Groovy with Legends of The Seven Golden Vampires’ Funkadelic Hit ‘Close To You’
Music4 weeks ago
Izzy Pingrey’s “Sick Of It” Dives Headfirst into the Emotional Chaos of Modern Dating
Music4 weeks ago
Isabel Rei Samartim’s latest single, “Fado – Luís Eugénio Santos Sequeiros,”: Brilliant Rendition of Classical Fado Music
Music2 weeks ago
Wild Horse Unravels the Intricacies of Love in New Single “Tangled”
Interview3 weeks ago
Meet Mandi Kitchen, a Multifaceted Music Producer and Sync Songwriter
Music4 weeks ago
“Sunday” by Scoolascoola: The Ultimate Weekend Hit Anthem
Music4 weeks ago
Ari Joshua’s New Single ‘Spooky’ Brings Chilling Psychedelic Vibes to Music Scene
Artist Spotlight2 weeks ago
Country Queen Lady Redneck’s New single penned by her own kin – you won’t believe the emotional depth of ‘I Wonder About You’!