S-EM-C Exclusive Interview with Honk Magazine Reporter
S-EM-C is an independent female hip-hop artist, en-route to making it big in hip-hop. Have seen the rapper accumulate a growing following and hundreds upon thousands of streams online gain her attention home and abroad.
After years of positive response from independent releases, she is promoting her second studio EP “Here” on her own self-managed label. Already a lyrical genius in her own right, ‘Here’ will focus more on the vibe and attitude-driven delivery of the message.
We had the chance to talk with female hip hop artist in an Interview, S-EM-C talks more about her music, career and company. We also discussed when she started, tips to help you grow in music and where she is today.
1. Can you tell us a story about what brought you to this specific career path?
Hi. My name is Sophie Steele (or S-EM-C) and I am a songwriter, artist, music industry professional and media company owner. I originally got into the entertainment space as a rapper and after years of trial and error I learned about the backend business structure of releasing music. After spending around $20,000 on my own career, I was finally able to figure out what worked and what didn’t. Once I did, I started to take on clients so that I was able to apply my skills to benefit other creatives. Now my company helps indie artists and creatives of all kinds monetize, structure, and market their brands.
2. Can you share the most interesting story that happened to you since you started this career?
3. Can you share a story about the funniest mistake you made when you were first starting? Can you tell us what lesson you learned from that?
The funniest mistake I made when I was first starting was not knowing my numbers and working for literally $8 sometimes.
I learned you gotta know the score to win the game.
4. What are some of the most interesting or exciting projects you are working on now?
5. Who are some of the most interesting people you have interacted with? What was that like? Do you have any stories?
Everyone I meet is interesting in their own way and I try to draw inspiration from every interaction. The people who are around me on a daily basis and in my network building are so inspiring and I look forward to changing the world with them.6. Which tips would you recommend to your colleagues in your industry to help them to thrive and not “burn out”?
7. You have been blessed with success in a career path that can be challenging. Do you have any words of advice for others who may want to embark on this career path, but seem daunted by the prospect of failure?
8. Can you share with our readers any self care routines, practices or treatments that you do to help your body, mind or heart to thrive? Kindly share a story or an example for each.
Everyday I wake up and do affirmations, a gratitude journal, study, drink water and read. I think these four things build a great foundation for any type of career. Also, practice personal hygiene… if you can’t take care of yourself, what makes you think someone is going to hand you an opportunity?
9. What are your “5 things I wish someone told me when I first started” and why. Please share a story or example for each.
1. There is no limit to what a weak minded person will do when they are intimidated by your greatness.
5. Bet on yourself.
10. Can you please give us your favorite “Life Lesson Quote”? Can you share how that was relevant to you in your life?
11. None of us are able to achieve success without some help along the way. Is there a particular person who you are grateful towards who helped get you to where you are? Can you share a story about that?
12. You are a person of enormous influence. If you could start a movement that would bring the most amount of good to the most amount of people, what would that be? You never know what your idea can trigger. 🙂
13. We are very blessed that some of the biggest names in Business, VC funding, Sports, and Entertainment read this column. Is there a person in the world, or in the US whom you would love to have a private breakfast or lunch with, and why? He or she might see this. :-)I’d love to speak with14 How can our readers follow you online?
Follow on Facebook
Video Of The Week
DFlexXx – Do it
Dreamwise – Find Out
HowFlyy – Shell
R2K. – Skydive
Boulevard Tells x Jimmy Burney – Good Time
FTF Double A: Popular Rapper On The Rise
December Sexy Time: Chey Anderson Featured On HONK
Download Mp3: G-Eazy Ft. Tory Lanez & Tyga – Still Be Friends
Dora Rodriguez Miss Universe Finalist
Best FTF Double A Songs Of All Time – Top 10 Tracks
iamchelseaiam Tells the Ugly Truth About Love in New “Won’t” Music Video
Mad Kelly – Easily (feat. Talkless)
THe LYONZ release brand new EP- ‘Ecstasy’ / ‘Mystery Of Mr. E’
Catbells Released New Song and Music Video For “Fade (Acoustic)”
Dax Release Music Video For “Why So Serious” ( Official Music Video)
Music3 months ago
Raz & Afla Launch MoBlack Records – “AfroZone” with new EP Benwa Marafi
Entertainment3 months ago
Soulja Boy Celebrates Going No.1 On Billboard
Interview3 months ago
Exclusive interview with Teena, a female musician, and producer
Interview2 months ago
Exclusive interview with Aussie singer/songwriter and actor, Barry Conrad
Music3 months ago
Benny The Butcher and Uncle Murda Team Up With ItzBizkit For “Straight Cap”
Celebrity3 months ago
Lil Durk Did Not Buy Chicago’s O Block: Report
Artist Spotlight2 months ago
DJ Superior Jay is Making an Impression in The Music Industry
Artist Spotlight3 months ago
How Gaël Zaks And Tia Benjamin Team Up For a Movie “SAMBA”